Monday, August 14, 2006

Test Drive

This is my boring camera-geek post. Apologies, I've spent the last 2 days reading about digital SLR cameras, in preparation to buy one (yay!!!). Yes, I've decided that it's time to upgrade from a point and shoot digital camera. I miss the contol I had with various old film SLR's, but don't want to deal with film or chemicals anymore either. Digital SLRs have gotten into a semi-reasonable price range finally, so I'm getting ready to take that plunge.

Josh's co-worker was kind enough to let me take his Canon Rebel XT for a test drive. Just for fun, with some mini glass vases on my kitchen windowsill, I've pitted it in an unfair and unscientific battle against my 3-year-old point and shoot, the Canon Powershot s30.

This first pic is about good/close as I can get with the Powershot:




And this 2nd shot is the Rebel XT (SLR):



No comments: