Friday, June 15, 2012

Conversations with Zachary

Yesterday:
R: What should we get daddy for father's day?
Z: I know, an LED!
R: An LED? Really? Huh?
Z: Yeah, one of those lights!

[clearly, his father is obsessed]

This Morning:
Z: I'm getting braver in my dreams.
R: Really?
Z: Yes. I'm not scared when the monster wants to eat me.
R: Really?
Z: Yes, when he eats me, I'm in his belly. It's dark and wet, but he uses soap that doesn't make my eyes hurt to get me clean. He doesn't take bites.
R: Really?
Z: Yes.

Afternoon:
Z: I have an idea for an invention.
R: Really?
Z: Yes, it's sticks, made out of fish.
R: Like… fish sticks?
Z: Yes! … but without the crusty stuff.  And you don't have to put them in the refrigerator.
R: They stay fresh?
Z: Yes.
R: But how do they stay fresh out of the refrigerator?
Z: They just stay fresh.
R: Implementation detail, I guess.
Z: What? … And they sometime have mold on them.


This Evening:
Z: I made hands today at daycare!
J: Is that supposed to be a surprise?
Z: No.

Z: Daddy, I did something today at daycare, but I don't want to say what it is, because it's a surprise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Zachy!!!! I <3 You and your super inquisitive mind! You will probably grow up to be a science whiz, or if maybe be like your Aunt Gretch and be a philosophy major, which will qualify you for a lifetime of flipping burgers. lol. My favorite nephew rocks! ;)

Bhuvana said...

Those are terrific conversations! My favorite is the monster one. Good idea to write these down for the future. :)