Friday, May 08, 2009

Dogwood

We're off to the Bahamas on vacation butt-crack early tomorrow...till then, here's something pink/seasonal/local:


Sidenote: Josh and I fight over some dumb stuff. Recently, we had a week-long spat over the identity of a tree he claimed was a dogwood blooming weeks before any other in the area. Neither of us could prove or disprove this claim, since I wasn't anywhere near said tree, but I did irritate him with asking to cross reference every tree specimen in sight for days. (Josh, I'm pretty sure it was a white magnolia.) And this is definitely a pink dogwood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to take sides, but that is a very pink dogwood (and a lovely one, at that!). Magnolias blossom before the dogwoods, so I would guess that the earlier one was a magnolia. BTW, magnolias were in bloom when I was there a 1-2 weeks ago. (M.S.)