Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stuff

Every now and then I get a picture I like of Zach. ( The odds are decent, considering the amount we take.) A photo that resembles him, I mean, since the smiley pictures tend to look deranged, even though the smile in "real life" is charming. And he gains a few extra chins in when we prop him up in a chair (I swear, they're not always there).

So, here's what he looks like these days:




And, since I have no real reason for posting this picture, other than a baby update, here are some other updates:

Mobility: He rolled over from his back yesterday. He'd been doing the front thing for a little while, so I guess we don't have to worry about him getting stuck. Is it normal to screech like a little girl while hoisting himself over? Anyhow, so much for that honeymoon phase of immobility.

Food: likes his rice cereal. Hates just about everything else. Unless a pre-eaten ear of corn can be counted, which he went to town on.

Sleep: he's sleeping well in his crib these days. Which is great! However, he wakes up a little bit earlier each morning...moving backwards from 7 towards 5. It sucks. Heather, Steve, I feel your pain, as I also am not a morning person.

Hair: it's getting long enough to part. I was worried - since mine didn't grow in till I was about 3, I'm told. Which was especially unflattering, seeing as I'm a girl.

4 comments:

lance said...

RJ used to do the early wake up bit too -- and to make it even worse he did it with poo. Knock on wood you at least have that to be thankful for. He would wake him self up by going at 5am and need a diaper change. Not exactly what I would want to be doing at 5am if you recall.

Thanks for the baby updates.

Anonymous said...

His daddy never slept. The Dr. had us give him Benadryl every third day so that we could get some sleep. I am thankful that he did not get that from his daddy.
Grandma

Meg said...

Thank you for the updates, Rache. I love his expression--he looks like a very thoughtful baby.

Hummingbitch said...

What a fantastic photo! He's got such pretty eyes!