Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Shorty Goes Public

Yes, these pictures are what they appear to be, and are of my own innards. I'm not sure which exactly is stranger - the formation of a new person in there, or the fact that they can photograph it. Anyhow, Shorty should be joining us in person in late February, when (s)he will be given a real name. Wish us luck...!

This is the fancy 3-d pic, at about 8 weeks. The head is the smaller sphere up top, and the long thing is the start of an umbilical cord.

Comment from my mom: "I can't tell if (s)he looks more like you or like Josh"


Also at 8 weeks, the normal alien view.

And this is a lower-fidelity view, at 11 weeks. The head is slightly visible on top, along with a small and hard-to-see hand. I bit reassured to see the slightly more humanoid form in just those 3 weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just knew that my grandchild was beautiful - just look at that profile.
Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Shorty is beautiful, and I can't wait to meet him or her in person! Congratulations!

Love, Meg

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! We are very happy for you guys.