Monday, November 20, 2006

Every day past

Over the last couple years, on and off, I've been digging through and scanning old slides taken in the 70s. That's me and my sister, Sarah, eating what appears to be frozen Howard Johnson's macaroni and cheese, among other things. We're kind of dressed up so maybe it was in fact a special occasion, but I don't know what, or if so why we ended up sitting in the kitchen eating like this.

(guest photo credit, I'm assuming anyhow, goes to my father)

Now that 20+ years have past, it's these weird little unspectacular cross sections in daily life, and the strangely familiar details that seem most intriguing - not the old tourist snapshots or other unusual happenings that usually have us getting out our cameras. I guess that's one part of my motivation with this photoblog thing.

Perspective is a strange thing, and I've way exceeded my word quota for a Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Sad thing is that even though that picture was taken 25+ years ago, the kitchen is still more modern than ours. Sigh.